Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Merry Christmas

Dear Family & Friends:
Sounds like those of you in Seattle, Wisconsin and Utah are having a very white Christmas!
Christmas is going to be great around here. We have been invited to a few members' houses and so things are looking good. I don't know what time my phone call will be at because we can't use phone cards on the cell phones, so we will either have to wait until 7 p.m. when it's free or try and use a telephone at a member's house.
Right now it's really cold here (around 38 I think) and we heard it might stay this way for a little bit. I did get some holiday packages, and now my companion and I have 3 Christmas trees and tons of presents.
Our ward had its Christmas party on Saturday, and Santa came, so we all got our picture with Santa. It's been a pretty exciting time around here, everybody is really going all out with their decorations. It's really interesting to see the difference between the people that have a great Christmas planned and the people who are giving up everything to make certain their kids have a good Christmas. Speaking of Christmas, we taught this Jewish lady the other day. She is super nice and has actually been to church before in Arizona.
Merry Christmas to everyone, I appreciate your cards, letters, gifts, encouragement, and support. I can't wait to call home to say hello!
Elder Carreon