Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Happy November 20th Birthday to Elder Carreon!

Dear Family and Friends:
Portland, Texas is great. The ward I am in is pretty small and will only get smaller since the nearby Navy base is closing down in February. A lot of the members are in the military, and quite a few of them have recently been deployed to Bahrain, a tiny country in the Middle East.
We had Zone Conference on Wednesday, which was way good. It's starting to cool off here ( in the '70s!), which is really nice during the day. It's fine at night with a sweater, but the first couple of nights we weren't expecting it! It also rained for a day on Thursday, but all in all it has been pretty good. Yesterday was pretty fun as well. I was asked to teach the gospel principles Sunday School class at the last minute, but it went pretty well anyway. Things have been going good here so far, nothing too crazy this week, but things are definitely picking up and we have a couple of really cool investigators. I can't believe it's been a year since I've seen everyone. I now officially have more days behind me than I do in front. I think it will really start to hit me when the New Year comes around. I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving!
Ryan