Monday, December 31, 2007

Christmas at the MTC

December 25, 2007

I hope you had an enjoyable Christmas! Ours was awesome. We had L. Tom Perry come and give our morning devotional. We then had a workshop on how to mark scriptures. Our final fireside was a musical one, and we all got to to play the chimes. It was an awesome and very memorable Christmas.
Last Sunday was Joseph Smith's birthday, so after the usual devotional my companion and I decided to go see the Joseph Smith movie that was playing in one of the other buildings. When we got there, there were about 700+ other missionaries. About half way through, there was this quote by Joseph that said, "When we are doing the most good is when the forces of evil work the hardest." About 2 seconds later, the movie suddenly shut off and it cut to live T.V. (Which we are not supposed to watch.) It was funny and ironic. A bunch of missionaries had their hands over their ears and their eyes closed and such. My companion and I just left.
I can't believe I have 3 more weeks until I'm in Texas! Keep me updated on everything. Happy New Year!
Love, Ryan