Friday, April 25, 2008

Mi espanol es bueno

Hello everyone:
This week was pretty good! We had Zone Conference this past Tuesday. It was awesome. We are focusing on Chapter 10 of Preach My Gospel about developing our teaching skills, and it is one of my favorite chapters to study. My Spanish is also coming along great! I decided to start doing my personal studies all in Spanish, and I was surprised at how much I can understand when I'm reading. Now I'm just trying to work on understanding what everyone is saying when they speak. I can usually get the gist of what they are saying, but my goal is to understand everything by the end of the transfer. Speaking of this transfer, I believe at the end of this transfer we get to call home for Mother's Day, which is very exciting! Two days ago, I had something called an Elote (Ay-Low-Tay), which is a very popular snack around here. All of the ice cream type trucks around here sell raspas and elotes. An elote is corn, cheese, chili (like a spice) hot sauce, and mayo, all mixed together in a cup. Pretty much the worst combination of all time, but I wanted to try one before I left Laredo, so I bought one. I have a picture of it, and I'll try and send it home today. Other than that, the work is still going strong. We have a family of 4 that we are baptizing this weekend, so I will definitely get you guys some pictures of that! Have a great week!

Love, Ryan