Tuesday, October 7, 2008

A New Area

Dear Family & Friends
I'll send home the memory card from my camera today. I have a lot of pictures from when we went to the zoo in Brownsville.
This week I am trying to decide who to vote for. I haven't heard anything about any of the candidates except one rumor that Obama might not actually be a U.S. citizen! That would be a huge problem if that turns out to be true. I have already requested a ballot from California, but I still have no idea who to vote for.
My new area, Flour Bluff, is pretty crazy! There is a real cultural difference between here and the valley.
People here are super nice, too, but more willing to be honest with you and slam the door in your face. It makes finding those who want to hear about the gospel a lot easier, but still takes some getting used to. General Conference was amazing! It's pretty much like Christmas for missionaries because all we do is hang out at the church and watch all of the sessions. I'm pretty sure the world is going to end soon because during the first session all of the speakers were super intense and spiritually powerful and talking about unifying our hearts and minds in Zion and stuff. It was way more intense than I remember it being, but maybe that's just because I actually paid attention! I can't wait until the Ensign (church magazine) comes out. Our area covers Flour Bluff and North Padre Island. Yesterday we went to the island (we usually go on Sundays). It reminds me a lot of California. It's very beachy and there are lots of palm trees and stuff. A lot of the houses come with a private dock. It's really cool, but takes like 20 minutes to drive across the bridge to get there.
Hope you had a great week and write soon.
Love, Ryan