Monday, July 27, 2009

Traffic Court and a Dead Battery

Dear Family & Friends:
Hello from Sinton, Texas! My traffic court appointment went well this week. I pleaded no contest and had to pay a fine. I had some emergency cash that I was able to use to pay it. I decided not to fight the ticket because I figured it would be a waste of time. The policeman was following me right before he pulled me over, and I supposedly didn't stop all the way for the stop sign, he then followed me 2 1/2 blocks and through another stop sign before he pulled me over and gave me the ticket. I thought that was kind of weird anyway. One of our members knows him and said that he was on probation with the police department for wrongfully placing somebody under arrest! Everything went fine though. There were a lot of people in court for a lot of funny things. One person was there for driving without a driver’s license twice. Luckily my court date was on P-day so we didn’t have to interrupt anything.
We had Zone Conference this week. It was awesome! Apparently our Mission President knows a bunch of people who are very high up in the Catholic Church and he told us a story of how he went to the Vatican a few years ago and had the opportunity to talk with the 3rd highest person in the Catholic Church. That must have been such an unforgettable experience.
On Tuesday our car battery died. Luckily, a member that just moved in is a mechanic and he saved us. We were able to get a new battery and he hooked it up for us and everything.
We had another unusual experience this week as well. We made a deal with a guy that we would go to his church if he came to ours, so on Wednesday night we went to his church. It was a Pentecostal church, and we were the only caucasian people there. The preacher opened the service by saying a 25-minute-long prayer. It was a really interesting experience and the people there were super nice to us.
All in all this week went pretty well and we continue to pray to find those who would hear His word. Please pray for us too! I hope all is well with you guys.
Love, Elder Carreon